When cooking for kids, it’s not ideal to serve them fancy or over the top dishes. They eat what looks and tastes somewhat familiar to them. You don’t only consider the taste but also how your dish will look like – children are more likely to eat food that they find appealing. So take your crock pot out and prepare these yummy slow cooker recipes for kids – you’ll surely end up with plenty of happy faces and fulfilled tummies!
Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
What you need:
- 3 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups small pasta
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 1 1/4 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
In a crock pot, mix together tomato sauce, ham, mushrooms, onion and green pepper. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese then season with Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Stir ingredients together until well-combined. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. When casserole is almost done, cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Stir into the casserole, mix and serve.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki
What you need:
- 1 kilogram boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds for serving
Combine garlic, onion, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger and black pepper in a bowl. Place chicken at the bottom of a crock pot then pour mixture over it. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on low. When ready, transfer chicken to a bowl and shred. Transfer sauce from the crock pot to a pan. Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl then stir in to sauce. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour sauce over shredded chicken and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
If you’re looking for easy to make yet delicious slow cooker recipes for kids, these dishes are great to start out with. Quick and simple yet appealing to children and adults alike!
Source by Donna H.