At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Access Strategy & Impact (AS&I) Leader, COVID Vaccine (Global)
Job Ref.: 2105902759W
- Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a AS&I Leader, COVID Vaccine for the Global Public Health team (GPH). This individual can be based anywhere in the US, Europe, or Africa. Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
- Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
- Empowering families and communities to live healthy, productive lives and create healthier futures inspires Johnson & Johnson’s long-standing commitment to make life-changing and sustainable differences in global public health.
- We focus on improving maternal, newborn and child health, addressing global health challenges such as multi-drug resistant TB, HIV, vaccines (COVID and Ebola), worm-based infections, and obstetric fistula and long bone fracture.
- We bring science and technology expertise, research and development capabilities, and our global resources to develop treatments and cures, deliver lifesaving prevention and care, and design smart policies that help pave the way for large-scale, long-term solutions.
- Together, with governments, non-governmental organizations, implementing groups, industry partners and non-profit foundations, we partner on innovative approaches to make a difference for people everywhere to build the foundations of lasting health.
- A proven and respected leader in the healthcare industry or public health, the candidate will be an enterprise leader within Johnson & Johnson GPH, responsible for crafting and executing comprehensive global marketing and access strategies for our COVID vaccine.
- They will collaborate within a team of diverse talent and engage and enroll external partners to deliver groundbreaking outcomes including COVID vaccine access, uptake and expansion in low to lower-middle income countries globally with a focus on Sub-Saharan Africa.
- This leader will use the full-potential and capabilities of Johnson & Johnson enterprise by partnering with our local operating companies, the GPH Africa Implementation and Impact team, J&J Vaccines (Global Commercial and Regional), and our external partners to ensure that high and measurable aspirations are set, clear goals are established, robust strategies are defined and comprehensive global programs & operational plans at the country level are in place to drive impact.
- Specifically, the AS&I leader for COVID Vaccine will ensure that the GPH vaccine team can achieve its aspirations in sub-Saharan Africa and across the globe in low to lower-middle income countries delivering on innovative market access and marketing strategies.
- The AS&I Leader COVID Vaccine will play a critical role helping to deliver on our ambition of providing equitable access to our COVID 19 vaccine and will be responsible for leading our vaccine launch readiness and execution plans, including the go-to-market strategy, tactical planning, and resource and material creation in support of implementation across low to middle income countries.
- This individual will be an integral member of the cross-functional matrix team that is responsible for the end-to-end strategy and implementation of our COVID 19 vaccine (Vaccine to Vaccination).
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- The role is a global leadership role that requires a strong external focus on mobilizing coalitions of internal and external partners within the US and Europe and strong execution across Sub-Saharan countries and in lower income markets around the globe.
- Partners with regional and key country commercial leadership to ensure alignment of J&J regional and local businesses with global vaccine program strategies.
- Establishes Janssen’s presence as a major player in the vaccines public health space by leading the design & execution of the vaccine AS&I team strategies within the public health sector to deliver our aspirations to restore lives and deliver groundbreaking and measurable health impact in underserved populations and resource limited settings
- Maximizes impact of the J&J COVID vaccine through leading cross-functional matrix team fostering strong partnerships with multiple functions including GA&P, External Affairs, Africa Implementation teams, Finance, Supply Chain, Market Access, Medical Affairs, New Business Development, Communications and outside agencies and vendors to effectively execute key activities.
- Responsible for leading the Global Marketing Senior Manager, ensuring launch readiness dashboards, and using marketing excellence and market access excellence tools and resources to achieve goals and objectives
- Plays a critical role in partnering with the GPH Vaccine Global Planning Office and Africa Implementation teams to ensure risks and opportunities are identified with clear risk mitigation strategies developed.
- Leads the development of an integrated business plan and long-range strategic plan for the COVID Vaccine team.
- Ensures both primary and secondary market research is being developed to gain insights, prioritize resources and plan product tactics, bringing the voice of our customers to all that we do.
- Manages and monitors the AS&I vaccines budget to support financial objectives
- Works compliantly and within HCC and regulatory guidelines to achieve our public health goals
- This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned. The individual must have excellent skills in communication, cross-functional alignment, and influencing without authority.
- The individual must also demonstrate intellectual curiosity and willingness to take smart risks – measuring and optimizing based on results. Thought leadership, accountability, and results orientation are required.
- The successful candidate is a self-starter with a track record of challenging the status quo, delivering results, and earning followership.
- This role will require up to 30% domestic and international travel in a post-COVID 19 pandemic world.
- This position reports to the GPH Access Strategy & Impact Leader, Vaccine.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, ideally in Marketing, Business, Pharmaceutical Science, or a related field;
- A minimum of 10 years business experience, with 5 years of healthcare marketing and/or equivalent commercial experience is required
- Demonstrated success in tactical implementation, project management, cycles of success with business results, and influencing without authority is required
- Experience driving programs across geographic and functional / partner boundaries demonstrating understanding of personal, cultural, environmental and community nuances and varying needs across global/local geographies is required
- Strong business acumen, action orientation, agility in insight generation and analysis with translation to define strategies and operational plans is required
- A demonstrated track record of strong leadership capabilities with ability to work effectively in a matrix and unstructured environment is required
- Direct people leadership experience is required.
- Must be capable of managing and prioritizing multiple competing demands and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Vaccines experience including deep insight and access to KOLs
- Vaccine fulfillment and delivery
- Master’s degree / PhD in related field (public health, medicine, economics, policy, healthcare marketing or business) highly desirable
- Global commercial marketing or international business experience a plus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.