Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors.
The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analysing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports organization’s finances to management and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information
- Document financial transactions by entering account information
- Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information
- Secure financial information by completing database backups
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyse financial information and summarise financial status
- Provide technical support and advice on management
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
- Communicate with Manager and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or related field
- ACCA or ACA certification is required
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field
- IFRS and GAAP knowledge are desirable.
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Scheduling and Monitoring
- Communication Skills
- Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title as the subject of the mail.