Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty center and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multi-specialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency / trauma center, radiology diagnostic center, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theaters, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multi-specialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer (Cedarcrest Polio Center)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Cedarcrest Polio Centre (CPoC) is a not-for-profit collaborative initiative of the Cedarcrest Hospitals, Abuja, Nigeria and the Katholisches Klinikum, Koblenz, Germany. The centre focuses to lead in the care of the millions of Nigerians who suffer from the sequelae of acute poliomyelitis.
- The centre collaborates with Ottobock GmBH, Duderstadt, Germany – our major suppliers of materials and component, as well as orthotic aids needed in treating post-polio patients It is important to note that the Rotary Clubs of Abuja Metro and Koblenz, Germany also support the CPoC.
- The centre provides various treatment options including surgery, physiotherapy, orthotics, prosthetics, occupational therapy, mobility aids etc. to people living with the sequalae of Poliomyelitis.
- The CPoC was incorporated in October, 2019 and has seen over 400 patients in clinic. Well over 80% of these patients fall in the category of those who are unable to afford medical treatments. The treatments of these patients are done through donations to the CPoC.
- Besides medical treatments, the CPoC also pay charity visits to disability villages to provide welfare materials to the habitants of the settlements.
- Reporting to the Director Cedarcrest Polio Centre, the Administrative Officer Cedarcrest Polio Centre provides overall planning and daily supervision of all operational aspects and activities of Cedarcrest Polio Centre services.
- In addition to daily management, this individual represents Cedarcrest Polio Centre for department wide planning efforts involving space, systems, services, supplies, revenues, expenses, and future programs and fund raising strategies for indigent polio patients.
- The individual participates as an important member of the center’s management team to address and resolve broad management/administrative issues such as planning for future programs and services of the Polio centre.
- Plans a specific treatment program with objective, time based functional goals which is based on evaluation results, coordinate both treatment schedule and overall objectives.
- Re-evaluates patient’s performance and the treatment program at appropriate intervals and makes necessary adjustments to meet established goals.
- Prepares and keeps appropriate documentation in accordance with program and departmental policy.
- Initiate and make suggestions for new methods of service and service improvements.
- Ensure proper record keeping of all indigent patients seen in the clinic capturing the treatment plans for each of the patients.
- Maintain a separate record for confirmed polio patients, properly stating the treatment plan for each patient.
- Sets fund arising strategies for the indigent patients and achieves them.
- Call for general meetings at intervals when needed, take minutes, document action plans and implement them.
- Handle budgets for any planned event/project, prepare reports and filing of documents and have good knowledge of invoicing.
- Provide customer services to both indigent patients and partners
- Ensure that all moneys paid into the Centre’s account are properly recorded and ensure that all moneys leaving the centre’s accounts are accounted for.
- Function as a liaison person between the centre and patients.
- Maintain relationship with the Association of Polio Survivors as well as Rotary Club of Abuja Metro and our partners in Germany.
- Source for polio patients and make logistics plans for patients pick up and drop off
- Establish internal processes to provide safe, efficient, caring and respectful patient care, supports the delivery of quality cost effective care, and provides opportunities for education.
- Perform other tasks as assigned or undertake any other duties commensurate with this post.
- B.Sc Degree or its equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong project management/organisational skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.