CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Guard
Locations: Bama & Dikwa – Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure physical integrity and safety of the CARE Premises
- To screen, control of all arriving visitors / staff / vehicles
- To verify that the persons entering the CARE premises are either the CARE staff possessing CARE valid ID card/badge, or visitors having an appointment
Visitors to be screened and logged in the “Visitors Log Book”
- To check the visitor’s/visitor’s luggage with metal detector, as required
- To control all the movements of the CARE property into and out of the premises
- To control / monitor the fire / security control alarm equipment. Ensure that alarm activations are handled promptly and properly.
- To inform immediately SSM, SSO, relevant local authorities in case of emergency relating to the CARE premises such as interference, fire, threatening telephone calls, etc
- To receive the incoming document with observance of the safety measures. Each package and parcel received should be carefully examined, when necessary by metal detector. To inform immediately the staff member concerned on the arrival of package or parcel
- To inspect the CARE premises building and its territory after working hours every other hour outside of regular working hours. Ensure that all rooms are closed and locked, electricity switched off, no water leakage
- To leave the place of duty only with a permission of the Supervisor / Security Officer
- To be polite and attentive with the visitors and beneficiaries while responding to them. To inform immediately the relevant person on any important security related messages received
- To inform immediately the Security Officer on all the detected weaknesses in the security system and violations
Prohibitions (during working hours):
- To do work that does not relate to the guards duties, to sleep, to read books
- To play table games; to take alcohol; to desert the post
- To delegate guarding to someone else without appropriate permission; to receive personal visitors at any time.
Bama and Dikwa Guest House:
- Have one security guard by day 12 hours, 7 days a week – one security guard by night 12 hours 7 days a week. And other Place of duty CARE premises in Bama and Dikwa, its facilities and CARE property.
- Main entrance to the buildings
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 28th April, 2021.