The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) is a top ranking University of technology in Nigeria and indeed the nation’s pride. Established in 1981, the university has grown tremendously, stretching its academic disciplines and research across eight different schools and over fifty academic departments.
The Mission of FUTA is to promote technological advancement by providing conducive environment for research, teaching and learning engenders development of products that are technologically oriented, self-reliant and relevant to society.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer – CONTISS 14
Location: Akure, Ondo
- General supervision, investigation and administration of security in the University
- Recruitment/training of security staff
- Membership of all committees as may be appointed/directed
- Any other duty as may be assigned to him by the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
- A good First Degree not below second class lower division with at least 18 (eighteen) years cognate post qualification experience in security related job.
- A good HND not below lower credit from a recognized institution with at least 18 (eighteen) years cognate post qualification experience in security related job.
- A Police Officer not below the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police or its equivalent rank in the Paramilitary with at least 15 years’ experience in security related job.
- A Police Officer not below the rank of Superintendent of Police or its equivalent rank in the Paramilitary with at least 12 years’ experience in security related job.
- Be a mature individual with a proven record of integrity, discipline and physical fitness.
- Experience in security coverage of a tertiary institution will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees (3), candidates should request the Referees to send confidential reports on them under separate cover, direct to the Registrar and marked “For the Attention of the Director, Directorate of Establshment and Human Resources”.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit vision and mission statements of not more than one thousand words for the development of the department being applied to.