The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Customer Service Assistant
Pay band: 2
Remuneration: N 3,390,541 per annum / N282,545 per month
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Duration: 1-year fixed term contract
Positions Available: 3 Positions
The Role holders will support the achievement of country plan objectives in Nigeria by delivering customer services. The successful candidate will project a professional image of British Council and provide a high quality, welcoming and efficiently integrated enquiry service for the full range of the British Council’s English and Exams activities, product and services. You will need to meet Customer Service Excellence standards in all inbound and outbound contact with customers.
- English Language Proficiency Level minimum B2, written and spoken
- University Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years call centre experience
- Experience working with CRM (Client Relationship Management) & Call management systems
- At least 2 years dealing with customers and enquiries within a reputable customer service environment with proven positive track record
- Proven experience of providing service within quality standards
- IT skills and experience working with MS Word & MS Excel
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in one of the 3 major Nigerian languages – Hausa, lgbo or Yoruba
- Customer Service qualification
- Experience in supervising a group of people to achieve a specific purpose
Additional Information: Candidates must have current legal right to live and work in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
25 April 2021, 23:59 SAST
How to Apply