The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We invite applications and nominations for the position of:
Job Title: Dean, School of Business and Entrepreneurship
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Report Directly To: The Deputy Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs / Provost
The Dean will serve as the chief academic and administrative officer for the School and, will lead the development of the School, including establishing the curricula, hiring faculty, and setting up a structure that will serve and promote research, teaching, and professional programs of the highest quality.
- Doctoral level or other terminal professional degree required from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 – 4 years’ experience as a Dean is a desirable.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to build effective institutional partnerships.
- Proven administrative experience, professional integrity, and strong team-building skills.
- Demonstrable ability to clearly articulate the School’s vision and mission to stakeholders, including the students, faculty, alumni, and external funding agencies.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications electronically to: [email protected] and [email protected] with their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Current Contact Address [including telephone numbers and e-mail address]
- Academic Qualifications [including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed]
- Professional Qualifications [copies of Certificates to be enclosed]
- Post-Graduation/Professional qualification employment
- Current Employment
- Name and Addresses of three (3) Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character and integrity
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for an electronic or an in-person interview with the appropriate search committee at a date that will be duly and formally conveyed to such candidates officially.
- Position is to begin as soon as possible.