Population Services International (PSI), is a world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Demand Creation Representative (DCR)
Area 1: To ensure that all providers (Doctors, Nurses/Midwives and Pharmacists) continue to have up to date knowledge on Misoprostol and other PSI/Nigeria products. The DCR will therefore:
- Maintain and update a database of all providers and service delivery points within his/her assigned geopolitical zone. Ensure the continuous assessment of providers’ knowledge and provide training and information where gaps exist with respect to Misoprostol and Combi Pack
- The DCR will map out all teaching hospitals (tertiary health facilities) and organize clinical meetings on misoprostol and combi pack targeted at the consultants in the Obstetric and Gynecology unit and other providers in the teaching hospitals.
- Organize clinical meetings on misoprostol and combi pack targeted at community pharmacists and non-franchise facility providers in his/her geopolitical zone.
- S/he shall conduct at least three (3) clinical meetings/ presentations per month.
- Participate in all major workshops/seminars/conferences of medical professional bodies (NMA / SOGON / AGPMPN / PSN / ACPN / NANNM, etc) in the zone.
- Maintain appropriate relationship with providers necessary to achieve set objectives.
Area 2: To ensure that Misoprostol and other PSI/Nigeria products are always available in adequate quantities at the wholesaler and retailer levels in the assigned sales zone.
- Will be responsible for the registration of the zonal PSI/Nigeria warehouse with the PCN.
- Work with warehouse staff to receive stocks from supplier of Misoprostol and other products from time to time and ensure there is no stock – out in the zonal warehouse.
- Deliver product stocks to wholesaler, SMOH and Tertiary Hospitals as may be necessary.
- Ensure the achievement of monthly sales targets.
- Ensure that PSI/Nigeria recommended prices are respected by all channel members.
- Maintain appropriate relationship with all channel members to ensure adequate product uptake and merchandising.
- Coordinate the linking of other channel members, providers, CBOs and NGOs with wholesalers
- Provide regular feedback to Senior Social Enterprise Manager on stock position at the Zonal Warehouse and performance of wholesalers.
- In conjunction with the Senior Social Enterprise Manager, recruit and maintain a list of registered wholesalers in the zone.
Area 3: Provide support to Research and Communications activities in the field
- Support the development and review IEC materials.
- Support the research department to ensure a successful conduct of research activities within the zone as may be mandated by PSI/Nigeria management, from time to time.
- Assist and support in product development as well as participate fully during product launch.
Area 4: Manage PSI / Nigeria assets in their care and provide support for the administration and management of their zone.
- Ensure judicious use and proper care of PSI/Nigeria assets (including project vehicle) attached to the detailer.
- Support the team leader in the zonal office in the monitoring and managing PSI/Nigeria partners and acts as backstop for the team leader in his/her absence.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and data bank of all demand creation activities in the zone.
- Submit monthly work plan to the Senior Social Enterprise Manager by 30th day of the preceding month.
- Ensure funds disbursed for official duty is judiciously used and fund retirement is submitted timely as mandated by management.
- Supervise/mentor and motivate the MVO to ensure field deliverables are met.
- Attend to other duties as may be assigned by the appropriate authority or PSI/Nigeria management.
- Ensure reports are submitted on or before deadlines.
- First Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized tertiary institution
- At least three years international work experience including experience in program management.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject (MPH, MBA, MIA, etc.) or equivalent experience in related field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience working in private institutions
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and QuickBooks
- Experience in capacity-building in a developing country
- Familiarity with and understanding of marketing and/or social marketing concepts and approaches
- Understanding of medical ethics principles
- Passionate about working on international health and development, with a focus on all reproductive health issues.
- Proven ability to work with many people across diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to juggle multiple competing deadlines while staying organized and paying special attention to details.
Application Closing Date
30th April 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as ONE PDF / Word document to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.