Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminum, Copper and Lead for export.
Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminum alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organization of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Export Officer
Location: Ota, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Responsibilities
- The Export Officer has a wide range of duties that deal with each step of the shipping process. She/he track shipments and communicate with the GM about the package’s progress.
- She/he coordinate shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries, arrange for trucks to load the product for export, deal with quotes from prospective shippers and handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur.
- The Export Officer also provide efficient delivery logistics through data management. She/he fill out import-export documentation, compile carrier and route assignments, compute international fees for each shipment, and keep track of shipment payments and quotas.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide export estimates and information regarding exporting out of Nigeria.
- Maintain export data and verify information accuracy as well as manage export responsibilities according to set deadlines.
- Arranging for truck and container from Apapa
- Getting a shipping company to export the company’s product
- Liaise with the agent to track the movement of containers
- Prepare all necessary documents relevant for export
- Interface with all regulatory authorities for approvals for export
- Monitor the loading process of product in the factory
- Coordinate all deliveries and security arrangements from the facility to the shipping company.
- Assist with financial duties regarding export processes in an effective and responsible way as well as the daily running processes of the unit
- Ensure the unit’s compliance with set policies and procedures
- Accurate and timely reporting of relevant management information to the GMC
- Manage, control, check and assist with issuing of all export documents
- Provide professional, efficient and timely advice and/or communications to the organization with regard to tariffs, incoterms, restrictions and permits
- Ensure all transactions will be done in a cost-effective way
- Any other function as may be assigned by the GM and or GMD
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Work Experience
- First Bachelor’s degree / HND in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or any Social sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post-graduation experience.
Minimum Competency and Skills Requirements
- Proven experience as an Export Officer
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Being adaptable and self-driven
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management
- Attention to details
Non – Technical:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.