We are a privately-owned Airport Management Company with a vision to transform an indigenous airport into a global standard airport in terms of service delivery and customer satisfaction. We are a people-friendly organisation and value the human resource as our most-prized asset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Maintenance Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Facility Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support our business.
- Ensure that the work environment is conducive for staff and their activities to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs whilst increasing productivity.
Other responsibilities are listed below:
- Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for the office, or where required re-organizing current premises. Ensuring the maintenance of building and offices. Develop and deploy methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Cleaning – checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Budget – responsible for drafting budget and financial-planning proposals and exercising delegated financial authority
- Utilities and communications infrastructure – directing and planning essential central services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, catering, waste disposal, power, and water.
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors
- Project Management – supervising and coordinating work of contractors
- Cost Management – investigating availability and suitability of options for new services or purchases; calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Draw up, harmonise and monitor service-level agreements with customers and external service providers.
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Prompt processing of all regulatory requirements including payments to Local Government and prompt settlement of utility bills – power, waste, etc.
- Ensuring the facility meets health and safety requirements
- Degree or HND in relevant field with a minimum of 7 years experience in Facility or Asset Management.
- Strong leadership qualities, integrity, commercial acumen with an owner’s mindset.
- Good knowledge of Facility and Asset Management with deep knowledge of building maintenance activities, including electrical, plumbing, and generators
- Good written and verbal communication and decision-making skills
- Team player and attentive to details with good negotiation skills
- Ability to cope with pressure and experienced in dealings with contractors of all kinds.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: The vacancy is open to Nigerians, but indigenes of Delta State are strongly encouraged to apply.