FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Finance Manager (FM)
- Under the direction of the FM, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of accounting, administrative, and logistical support services to the EpiC project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support on the collection, review and feedback on monthly financial report submitted by the local partners.
- Work with FM to prepare monthly project pipeline and disseminate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinate the arrangement of travel logistics for project staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Handles all photocopying assignments, document filing, development and printing of photographs including reproduction of recorded videotapes for the project.
- Assists the FM in the provision of logistic support for project workshops and trainings.
- Assists the FM in the maintenance of an efficient filing and recording of financial and administrative files.
- Provides day – to – day administrative and logistic support to the Project Director
- Coordinates and serves as point of contact for all administrative and secretarial support services for the project (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst project staff.
- Assists with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures. Ability to report variances and status on regular basis to supervisor and other project staff. Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Knowledge of financial, budget preparation and monitoring. Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products. Sound accounting skills and familiarity with FHI 360 financial operations and policies Good knowledge of computer and excellent typing skills.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Application Closing Date