Personal Trust is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Financial Control
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head Financial Control will support the Managing Director to develop and oversee the execution of a finance, treasury and management strategy that enables the achievement of long-term goals and operational plans.
- The job holder will oversee the bank’s financial planning and strategy, financial management and control, treasury management, tax and other oversight functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the formation of the business strategy and ensure that all financial policies, procedures and systems are sound
- Provides financial direction, planning and accounting to the business, covering short term and long-term financial goals
- Management of treasury and investment to ensure optimal liquidity and negotiate/arrange external finance when required
- Monitors banking activities and ensure regular reconciliations of all banking transactions
- Develops plans, budgets, forecasts and financial results to guide management decisions by forecasting, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances
- Oversee the activities of external auditors, CBN and NDIC examiners and ensure 100% compliance with set guidelines
- Manage relationships with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. LIRS, FIRS, etc.
- Ensures adequate insurance coverage on all operational activity
- Ensures adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
- Oversees activities of employees and teams (i.e. coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, discipline, etc.).
- Oversee any outsourced accounting functions
- Ensure that financial reports comply with the International Financial reporting standard (IFRS) and constantly keeping abreast of developments in the space
- Authorize expenditure/ transactions in line with the bank’s approval limits
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management.
- HND / BSc in Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Evidence of completion / exemption of/from NYSC
- Professional qualification such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role at a financial institution
- Knowledge of Financial management systems, accounting policies and standards, tax management, costing accounting etc.
- Treasury and investment management experience
- Knowledge of the Microfinance banking framework
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong presentation and financial modeling skills
- High attention to detail.
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage project/process.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Conflict resolution and / or mediation skills
- Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the Subject “Head, Financial Control”.
Note: If you do not get a response from the Recruiter after 4 weeks of this publication, please note that your application was not successful.