H&W Rice Company is one of three companies under Haske & Williams Ltd – a fast-rising agribusiness conglomerate – formed out of the need to create quality local substitutes to imported rice products in Nigeria. We are a vertically integrated producer of high-quality whole grain parboiled rice and we work directly with our farm estates and network of outgrowers to ensure the finest, export-quality products for our local and international customers. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for overseeing the security and safety functions of the Rice Milling Plant. Identify organizational protection goals and objectives, ensure they are consistent with their organizations’ strategic plans.
- Collaboratewith other executives to decide on the priority of security needs and then spend according to the organization’s financial constraints and directives.
- Develop and implement security initiatives, standards, policies, procedures for the plant.
- Develop security Standard Operating Policies and procedures for the factory and residences.
- Develop network access and monitoring policies, risk management assessments, emergency procedures and incident responses.
- Drive compliance of security policies, procedures and best practices and ensure strict adherence across the organization.
- Co-ordinate, plan and supervise implementation of site security audits and assessment.
- Establish and maintain an effective intelligence and security reporting system.
- Oversee security operatives within the plant and its environment.
- Support in the recruitment and training of security personnel ensuring proper understanding of security and safety processes for accurately responding to emergencies.
- Periodically recommend training and coordinate onsite training sessions and security awareness for employees/contractors.
- Set up process to carry out video surveillance, investigate security breaches and implement disciplinary procedures.
- Implement journey management measures including escorts rules, procedures and movement for expatriates and staff.
- Collaborate with the weighbridge team on truck movements within and outside the factory, assigning security team to search trucks for objects that add to truck tonnage and mass.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and community security team & agents.
- Establish and maintain cordial relationship and leverage on security networks for obtaining timely information and due diligence as well as developing pro-active security solutions to prevent the company from deliberate and/avoidable security mishaps.
- Monitor and review security and compliance gaps at the operational area/site and develop strategies to address these gaps.
- Perform routine review of all routes to and from the operational area including hotel accommodation and or airport to identify safe routes and chokepoints and devise options for rerouting in peak traffic or vulnerable states.
- Plan and coordinate security operations for events in the operational area ensuring the safety of all stakeholders.
- Set up an immediate response procedure to promptly address emergency security and safety situations.
- Investigate suspected and actual security breaches and recommend corrective actions including liaising with Police authorities.
- Prepare periodic reports for management and all stakeholders on security status and provide real time information for timely and accurate threat assessments.
- Work closely with corporate executives, business managers, audit, and legal counsel to understand corporate requirements related to security and regulatory compliance, and to map those requirements to current security projects.
- Provide weekly security reports/briefing to the CEO and Group Chief Operating Officer.
- Perform other functions as required.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Business-related field.
- Minimum of 7 years similar experience in a Manufacturing or Farming industry.
- A professional security certificate is an added advantage.
- Candidate being an ex- military from the rank of an Army Captain or its equivalent for other military arm or ASP for Nigeria Police is compulsory.
- Ability to speak the Hausa Language is required.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th May, 2021.