Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Helpdesk Analyst
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Corporate Services
Reports to (Job Title): Senior Applications Support Analyst
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 1 year
Competency level: 2 Role definition
Role Context and Purpose
- To provide first line ICT support, as part of the Service Desk.
- Contribute to the provision of an effective and efficient ICT support service to Christian Aid’s global staff, in line with customer service standards.
- Respond to technical support calls/enquiries (regardless of origin); determine appropriate solutions and implement them, working to resolve as many calls as possible upon first point of contact within agreed procedures.
- Deliver effective and efficient administration of user network and systems accounts and set-up, installation and configuration of hardware & software.
- Diagnose, document and escalate issues to other support teams within ICT as needed.
- When necessary, act as part of the Emergency Response Team within region of employment.
- When necessary, assist with elements of office setup and closedown within region of employment.
- Assist with the translation of instructions or procedures.
- Issues are attended to (by telephone, Email or through Christian Aid’s helpdesk software) professionally and competently.
- A high number of problems and requests are resolved “first time” by following standard procedures and the appropriate use of initiative.
- Escalated issues are passed to other ICT teams in an appropriate way, having first been triaged and diagnosed as far as possible.
- Internal customers are highly satisfied with the level of support provided.
- Changes are well managed.
- External Third party suppliers
- Internal All internal customers, other ICT staff
- Acts as a primary interface between ICT and the rest of the organisation in respect of support calls. Responds to technical support calls/enquiries, determines appropriate solutions and implements them, working to resolve as many calls as possible upon first point of contact within agreed procedures.
- Has technical responsibility for work performed and decisions taken. Has access to secure systems and information.
- Replaces faulty equipment from stores and is responsible for liaising with 3rd party suppliers as necessary. Initiates requests for new hardware or software Contributes to ICT projects as required.
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise.
- Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development.
- Shares expertise and knowledge with others.
- Uses technology to achieve work objectives.
- Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions
Developing Self and Others:
- Works to maintain and extend skillset through ongoing professional development.
- Shares knowledge with others.
- Willing and able to learn from colleagues and experience
Role Related Checks:
- DBS clearance Not required Counter terrorism screening Not required
Applied skills / Knowledge and expertise:
- A+ Certification hardware and software support skills or equivalent.
- HND in IT Technology or Computer Science.
- ITIL procedures and LAN and WAN principles.
- Proven substantial computing experience in a technical environment of delivering effective support for current Microsoft Windows and Office products; network administration of user accounts using Active Directory and Exchange mail server; hardware and software installation and trouble-shooting; use of remote desktop support tools.
- Substantial experience of tracking work and meeting deadlines, including the use of helpdesk system
- ITIL foundation or customer care certification
- MCP or MCSE certification
- Experience of working in the charity sector
N7,044,862 / Year (full time)
N587,071 / Month (full time)
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2021.