Wandel International is the Flagship Company of the Simba Group of Companies, operating in Nigeria since 1988. Throughout our history we have associated ourselves with products and brands of the highest standards, and partnered with leading organisations in their respective industries. At the heart of our value proposition, is our commitment to service, and it is our relentless pursuit of extraordinary customer service that sets us apart from our competitors in each of our respective fields
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Import Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Analyse import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard
- Responsible to have Import and export systems updated as needed or localy defined in the country including data and document storage where necessary
- Responsible to analyse customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where nessasary to reduce cost of imports and exports
- Accountable for performance factors related to shipping guidelines in the country
- Manage day to day customs brokers operations and ensure performances are monitored targeting a lead and cost reductions.
- Deal with customs and local authorities for day to day operational issues
- Responsible and accountable to ensure all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied to all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention
- Manage day to day customs and Trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance stated
- Coord inate with Import department and arrange payments for custom duties/levies, and other clearing and forwarding payments as per requirements
- Act as a customs knowledge holder for local organization in the country
- Establish new and maintain existing procedures necessary to remain in compliance with Nigerian Customs legal requirements
- Interface with Nigerian Customs brokers, clearing and forwarding agents on compliance issues and continuous process improvement
- Manage and develop import SOPs and corporate compliance policies, Conduct internal regulatory audits and training; assist in the maintenance of record keeping procedures
- Manage the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of the country in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process.
- Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
- Anticipate research and report on future changes in import/export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the department’s own strategy, resources and procedures.
- Plan and implement import strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the organization.
- Liaise with other departments (Finance and Supply Chain) in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant /import activities and support in relation to the organization’s sales, purchasing, materials management, production and overall operating functions.
- Investigate, plan and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which meet optimally the needs of the organization and its suppliers and customers.
- Manage language and communications translation issues and activities as necessary to enable effective relations, distribution and integration of imported/exported material, product, equipment within the supply chain of importer and exporter, (for example handling instructions, operating manuals, product training, etc.).
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 2 – 5 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.