Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty center and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multi-specialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency / trauma center, radiology diagnostic center, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theaters, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multi-specialty hospital
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Purpose of the Role
- The Internal Auditor performs the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
Key Performance Areas:
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Audit all processes (for example, communication, IT access, HR processes, Client Service processes, stock control, etc.) in the hospitals and between the hospitals and the head office, whether financial or not.
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with the Executive.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor the Executive’s interventions.
- Report to the Board of Directors on the lack of Executive interventions, if any.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgement.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the Company’s organizational needs change.