Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Ijede Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company’s policies and procedures; monitoring compliance with the company’s internal controls, as well as detecting and reporting on internal control gaps.
- Responsible for ensuring protection of company’s assets, accuracy or records, promotion of operational efficiency and adherence to policies, rules, regulations and laws on a continuous basis.
- Advise audit team lead/Head Internal Audit on internal control processes from time to time.
- Assesses compliance by testing whether the stated controls are working as prescribed, consistently and continuously.
- Reports breaches on internal control policies
- Suggesting to the Audit Team lead / Head, Internal Audit relevant controls that would help in mitigating against identified risk or gap in the process flow.
- Documenting and making reports of identified control issues discovered in the course of the vetting process and how they were resolved
- Carry out regular review of company’s compliance with regulatory requirements
- Carry out regular review of procurement quotations and budget control form
- Conduct periodic inventory count and resolution of outstanding inventory issues
- Conduct verification of replaced spares and tools
- Carry out regular review of compliance with NCC dispatch tools
- Conduct monthly cash count and fuel dip
- Conduct periodic review of underwriting and claims operations and procedures
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any relevant course
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CIA, ICAN, ACCA, etc).
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Proficiency in other accounting soft wares & applications
- Must possess a strong moral code
- Strong report writing skills
- Good analytical and investigative skills
Application Closing Date