PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning & Development Business Partner
Ref No: 207848WD
Job Type: Full time
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Specialism: IFS – Human Capital (HC)
Management Level: Associate
Job Description & Summary
- A career in Learning and Development, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the success of our people by developing quality and relevant learning initiatives that constantly improve the PwC experience.
- You’ll help us identify and source the best instructors, develop learning and performance improvement solutions across traditional and virtual classroom environments, and consult with other areas of the Firm to ensure our curriculums and initiatives support the PwC strategy.
- The position supports the unit in various essential tasks such as the implementation of training curriculum for line of service (Assurance, Advisory, Tax, IFS, xLOS and Africa), formulation of training structure in alignment with skills and capability profiles, assessment of the effectiveness of training delivery and training contents and materials through formal and ongoing validation and to effectively manage and maximise the use of the firm’s learning management system.
- The position also monitors the induction programme to ensure all new recruits undergo a level of training relevant to their roles, conforming to the firm’s corporate standards and requirements. Responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Training Needs Analysis:
- Conduct training needs surveys
- Collate development needs and goals by grade, business units’ issues/needs
- Translate service and individual training needs into a training plan.
CE Management (Assurance, Advisory, TRS, IFS):
- Develop a training curriculum for each LoS and implement Training Plans ( Global & Local )
- Provide support in respect of external training engagements
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of training and course delivery
- Work with SME to develop training content
- Provide technical assistance for the conduct of external courses and training related assignments
- Enrol participants on Vantage and ensure evaluation of courses
- Curate content on Vantage
- Apply for Accreditation of courses (ICAN/CITN and any professional body as it relates to LoS)
- Make payment to the professional body and ensure necessary materials are sent
- Follow up with professional bodies until MCPE points are awarded
Instructing and facilitation:
- Facilitate local L&D specific and soft skills courses
- Develop and deliver effective training sessions
Planning, Budgeting and Reporting:
- Assess adequacy of planned L&D content by line of service
- Keep the L&D Manager informed of L&D issues, developments and achievements relative to plan
- Obtain feedback from staff on the effectiveness of training delivered
Industrial Training Fund:
- Apply for ITF approvals for training programmes and courses
- Ensure staff in LoS Adhere to the ITF requirements for approvals of training programmes
Minimum Years of Experience Required
- First Degree in any discipline with a minimum of Second-Class Division.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a training responsibility position.
- Research skills
- Data & Analytics
- Knowledge sharing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving
- Managing change and innovation
- Ability to work unsupervised and proactively on own initiative
- Ability to develop successful business relationships across all business units
- Ability to relate and communicate at all levels of seniority across business
- Professional manner
- Flexible attitude and approach
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2021.