University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) – Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates with a high level of intergrity, commitment to teaching and research excellence and passion for innovations to fill the academic staff position below:
Job Title: Lecturer II (CONUASS 3)
School: Public Health
The lecturing position will be in the following Departments:
- Department of Health Policy and Management
- Department of Epidemiology and Bio Statistics
- Department of Populations, Reproductive and Family Health
- Department of Health Promotion and Behavioural Science
Candidates applying for this position must possess one of the following educational qualifications:
- A good honours degree with at least Second Class (Upper Division) plus a Doctorate degree in their respective fields from recognized Universities
- A degree in Medicine (MBChB, MBBS or equivalent), Dentistry (BChD, BDS or equivalent) or Veterinary Medicine with a Masters’ degree with thesis in his/her field of specialization from a recognized University, or Membership of the West African College of Physicians or Pass in the Part I examination of the West African College of Surgeons or the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria.
- A degree in an appropriate Allied Health Sciences discipline any other professional health field (e.g. Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Science, Physiotherapy and other medical rehabilitation specialties, Radiography) plus a Masters’ degree with thesis in the field of specialization from a recognized University and with at least two published papers in a reputable and internationally-indexed journals (of which he must be the first or second author in at least one publication).
- Candidates applying for this position must not be above 40 years of age.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward 10 copies of typed and duly signed applications with Curriculum Vitae (see format below) and photocopies of relevant certificates / docurnents (see below) to the University. The position being applied for must be boldly and clearly written on the envelopes or packaging with which the applications are being submitted.
The Curriculum Vitae must comply with the following format:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters).
- Post Applied for (State the Department/Unit)
- Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit).
- State of Origin, Senatorial District and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian)
- Permanent Home Address.
- Contact Address, including postal address, G.S.M. Telephone number and E-mail Address.
- Marital Status.
- Number of Children and their Ages.
- Next of kin
- Contact Address of next of kin, including postal address, G.S.M. Telephone number and E-mail Address
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic / Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials).
- Work Experience with dates.
- Present Employment, Status and Salary (if any).
- Research interests and activities
- Conference/ courses attended (state titles of papers presented if any).
- Professional accomplishment
- Honours and awards
- Research grants and grantsmariship experience
- Publications with date.
- Service to national and international bodies.
- Any physical challenge?
- Names and address of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with Candidates academiclwork experience.
All applications should reach the Registrar and addressed to:
University of Medical ScIences,
PMB 536, Ondo City,
- In addition to listing the names and addresses of the Referees, candidates should request the Referees to send confidential report on them, under separate cover directly to the Registrar. The reports should be duly marked “CONFIDENTIAL”.
- Only the applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.