Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the logistics officer, and in technical link with the Logistic Manager, the Logistics Assistant will manage the upkeep and repair duties of MDM premises.
- He will be responsible for maintaining the order of MDM facilities by doing various odd jobssuch as servicing equipment, maintaining the outdoor environment, determining the need for repairs, responding to maintenance requests (electrical, plumbing, carpentry/furniture and so on).
- The ideal candidate should be skillful and possess technical knowledge with excellent problem-solving skills. He must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. Being detail-oriented with good physical stamina are greatly valued in this job.
- Interact with third-party logistics service providers
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories
- Review bills, invoices and purchase orders
- Organize files both manually and electronically
- Monitor and facilitate repair orders
- Coordinate deliveries for repaired or returned items
- Ensure that the warehouse has sufficient space for incoming deliveries
- Ensure that all items are correctly numbered and tagged
- Reconcile hand receipts
- Manage warehouse security-related work such as preparing badges, passes and identification cards.
Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry and Mechanical Responsibilities:
- Diagnose/trace all faults and determine extent of work required
- Develop estimates for materials/parts/components to be procured
- Ascertain quality of material to be purchased
- Advice on best methodology to execute repairs while having economics and quality in mind
- Carry out all forms of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical repairs
- Determines parts that need to be replaced and do same before their effects become adverse
- Carry out all repairs in tandem with global best practice
- Support all vendors and contractors in the execution of their responsibilities when it relates to work within the premise
- Ensure that all operations are carried out and conducted in a safe manner
- Ensure the availability of frequently used items in the store
- Maintain an inventory of all repairs/replacements and share same fortnightly
- Carry out weekly/daily inspection of all MDM properties and determine needs and report accordingly.
- Clean facilities by sweeping, dusting, etc.
- Carry out maintenance and minor repairs including painting and filling gaps or cracks on walls or sidewalks, carpentry, installations, etc.
- Perform routine landscaping on the grounds and trim flowers.
- Perform non-routine duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g., shoveling sand).
- Using mechanical insight to diagnose machinery and equipment malfunctions.
- Creating and implementing a plan for repairs using various hand and power tools.
- Develop and perform routine preventive maintenance as well as determine and report the need for major repairs.
- Perform minor fumigation/pest control using knapsack sprayers
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Perform other additional duties on request of the logistics officer
- Respect MdM rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous work experience as a logistics assistant or a similar role.
- Conversant with hardware tools and electrical equipment.
- General knowledge of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems.
- Basic math skills.
Skills and competences:
- Active listening: Ability to give full attention when interacting with people
- Coordination: Ability to adjust action, especially when working with others
- Time management and organization skills:Ability to schedule multiple projects and make relevant changes in time is important.
- Effective communication skills: Ability to communicate with other people and convey information are vital.
- Active learning: Ability to understand the implications of new information
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills:Ability to use logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions
- Detail-oriented: This job requires a keen eye for detail and being thorough.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.