Julius Berger Nigeria Plc (Julius Berger) is a leading construction company offering integrated solutions and related services. Julius Berger specializes in executing complex works that require the highest level of technical expertise and Nigeria-specific know how.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Our success largely depends on the passion, precision and competence of our employees from. Become part of our team and help us in the realization of innovative and pioneering engineering projects. Experienced professionals and young professionals, we offer opportunities in technical and commercial fields. Take the chance and apply online with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Machine Master for Construction Machines and Stationary Production Systems (Mechanical) (M / F / D)
- We are recruiting for an experience Machine foreman for construction machines and stationary production systems (Mechanical) in the office or in the field (M / F / D) for the major project “Abuja-Kano-Road” in Nigeria.
- Between the capital Abuja and the northern metropolis Kano, an approximately 380-kilometer, 4-lane motorway is being rehabilitated and rebuilt over large stretches. The project also includes almost 700 drainage structures and around 50 bridge structures that need to be upgraded and integrated into the overall concept. With the bitumen cold mixing process, our experts bring a real innovation to Nigerian road construction, because the sustainable construction method conserves resources and significantly reduces emissions.
What are your tasks?
- Management of a construction machine workshop (Caterpillar and Liebherr)
- Construction devices: Bomag and Hamm; Compaction equipment: Wirtgen cold milling machines; Pavers and stabilizers: Vögele pavers, Grove RT cranes, JCB, generators and small appliances.
- The workshops are permanently installed in Kaduna, Zaria or Kano.
- Or management of a mobile field service team in cooperation with the workshop for daily service and minor repairs
- Coordinating and training Nigerian colleagues for all necessary maintenance, repair, conversion and maintenance work
- Coordination of workshop logistics (personnel, spare parts, consumables)
- Coordination of the service work with the construction site
- Use of modern diagnostic and spare parts systems (such as LIDOS, CAT-SIS, WIDOS)
What are you bringing with you?
- Completed training as a construction machinery or agricultural machinery mechatronics master or mechatronics technician (m / f / d) with many years of experience as a foreman or group leader (m / f / d)
- In-depth knowledge of handling modern diagnostic and spare parts systems
- Several years of professional experience in the construction machinery or agricultural machinery sector (preferably with an independent or the above construction machinery manufacturer or a construction machinery workshop)
- good written and spoken English knowledge
- Independence and flexibility
- Confident appearance
Remuneration & Benefits
What do we offer you?
- A responsible job awaits you with very good pay with various allowances, social benefits and a low tax burden.
- You get a comprehensive travel package from us as a competent contact person. This also includes the occupational medical examinations, your vaccination protection, visa and flight.
- We provide you with furnished, air-conditioned accommodation in the company’s own camp, which has an infrastructure with, for example, sports and leisure facilities, a clubhouse, German and international television programs, etc.
- On-site medical care and a comprehensive security concept.
Application Closing Date