MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Broadband Systems Planning
- Responsible for the design, planning and optimization of MTNN’s Packet core network and mobile broadband architecture/topology so as to achieve a cost effective and optimal network design.
- Coordinating the efforts, inputs and outputs from internal and external stakeholders to ensure an efficient/least cost packet core, broadband and CDN design/solutions and support MTNN rollout with a 5+ year time horizon taking into cognizance the rapid spate of technology developments.
- Managing the evolution of the Packet core, broadband and CDN network including transformation into Cloud-native 5G Core, to place MTN in a position to effectively compete in a challenging Telecoms environment.
- Distil and translate MTNN’s Business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into requirements needed for effective dimensioning and capacity planning of packet core, broadband and CDN Networks.
- Develop strategies to ensure efficient packet core and CDN architecture, topology, utilization, occupancy and ensuring secure access to the MTNN network.
- Design and configure mobile data policies for DPI, QoS, charging rate, fair usage etc.
- Maintain an awareness of the latest technological and industry developments including virtualization (VNF/CNF), SDN and Cloud technologies.
- Act as subject matter expert regarding packet core network and strategic capacity planning.
- Plan and monitor the Broadband Systems Planning budget (CAPEX & OPEX) in line with business plan and departmental goals and targets.
- Directing and mentoring the broadband planning engineers to effectively meet their defined KPIs.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Statistical modeling and trending using Analytic/Modeling tools
- Which 5 years within the telecommunications industry, particularly in network planning and design using
- GGSN, SGSN, WAP Gw, PCRF and other Packet core network platforms
- GSM, TDMA, CDMA, 2.5/3G/4G/5G networks
- Content delivery networks (CDN)
- B.Sc, BEng, BTech or Others
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2021.