9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Optical Transmission Operations
Job No: IRC4130
- Implement an effective framework for the operation and maintenance of all optical transmission links and provide high level support functions on all operational optical transmission equipment.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the team/ function’s activities.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
- Establish and manage service levels with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the acceptance and handover of newly built / leased fibre infrastructure / Optical Equipment.
- Ensure that a routine operation and maintenance programme/ procedure is in place for optical transmission links and equipment.
- Manage the monitoring of all optical transmission systems, and ensure prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/ links
- Manage the performance and availability of Optical transmission services deployed – DWDM backbone / City Metro fibre /Lastmile fibre to VIPs and other mobile operators.
- Manage bandwidth on optical transmission media for optimal performance.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to service level agreements with vendors (interconnect partners, leased line providers etc.)
- Ensure efficient system logs and backup procedures are implemented and fully complied with.
- Provide necessary support towards proper integration of new fixed transmission links.
- Ensure prompt availability of information on all fibre/cable transmission links and equipment.
- Consistently refine operating processes, systems and platforms to facilitate continuous improvement and ensure network operations meet operational delivery requirements.
- Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to fixed transmission operations policies, standards, guidelines and operations and take action as required.
- Manage inter-unit functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports of the fibre backbone and metro networks for the attention of the Head, Transmission Operations
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Transmission Operations
- First degree in Engineering or arelated field.
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years workexperience with at least two (2) years in a supervisory role
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Optical fiber technologies including DWDM, ASON etc.
- Service Continuity Management, Monitoring and Control
- Network Operations
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Delegation/ Supervisory/ Analytical thinking
- Team building / Mentoring
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date