PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Strategy (Advisory)
Ref No: 183597WD
Job Type: Full time
Line of Service: Advisory
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Specialism: Corporate and Business Strategy
Management Level: Manager
Job Description & Summary
- A career in Strategy within the Advisory Line of Service, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their toughest problems and seize essential advantages by defining and evaluating strategies of all types.
- We analyse business and market trends to explore new approaches that help our clients make tough choices and surpass the competition. At both the business unit and corporate level, we help organisations with organic enterprise growth, pricing and profitability, shareholder value, and sustainable corporate strategies.
- The Manager is the centre of the team – structures project outputs, directs research, makes strong contribution to the development of the wider practice through thought-leadership, pitches, recruitment, training, coaching and being a role model to staff.
- As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Identify issues, draw out relevant industry trends, forms an opinion/point of view and articulates client/target strategy therefrom
- Allocate responsibilities to team members and suggest staffing changes, prioritize tasks so that the team has the capability, competence and time to perform the engagement/project in accordance with standards and agreed terms.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the team’s work products and addressing the needs of the client, PwC and other stakeholders.
- Coach subordinates taking development needs into consideration – able to articulate to team how their work contributes to meeting project objectives
- Challenge, sense-check and update team hypotheses and outputs for robustness and integrity
- Identify internal and project data requirements, oversee data gathering process, challenge team on completeness/appropriateness/accuracy of gathered data
- Perform analysis, construct business and financial models and document commentary from analysis and models
- Take responsibility for preparing business development documents such as proposals, scope / discussion documents
- Understand and engage different knowledge sources – online, staff, competitors, senior management of key target customers – extract key messages and implications from these sources
- Establish links with Industry Leaders and other Thought Leadership teams within and outside the PwC network to bring Thought Leadership to Nigerian clients and market and assist PwC Industry leaders in articulating and implementing industry plans
- Communicate with impact and confidence with team members and at meetings demonstrating grasp of all data and findings
- Contribute to the development of new methodologies or approaches to address client or PwC needs
- Set positive example by providing timely, meaningful verbal and written feedback.
- Contribute to Learning & Education design activity and/or instruct at training events.
- BSc. or BA. in a Management or Social Science related course
- MBA and /or Professional qualifications: ICAN, ACCA, PMP (other related qualification)
- 6 – 8 years of relevant work experience (at least 1 – 2 of these should be at Management Level)
- Prior experience in a consulting firm is required
- Business research and analysis, financial analysis and Reporting
- Strategy frameworks
- Corporate strategy development
- Market studies, feasibility studies and business planning
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other work tools
- Knowledge of at least one of the following industry groups: Financial Services, Energy, Utilities and Resources, Consumer and Industrial Products and Services, Healthcare, Government and Public Service, Agri-Business, Technology, Media and Telecommunication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to guide decision-making
- Excellent planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills. Self-managing/motivating with the ability to balance competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen, analytical, and problem-solving skills – including data structuring, quantitative reasoning and implication development
- Managing teams across different business groups
- Problem solving – taking on new challenges and ways of working even outside areas of comfort
- Willing and able to travel
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2021.