Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Laundry
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Number: 21028038
- Assists in hotel laundry daily operations and services.
- Works with employees to wash, dry and iron linen for both guest rooms and Food and Beverage/Culinary Department within existing time constraints.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
Core Work Activities:
- Assisting in Managing Department Operations and Budgets
- Assisting in managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Communicating the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Ensures consistent workflow to minimize peaks and valleys in production.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Assists in ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Participates in the management of department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on Laundry equipment maintenance needs.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
- Develops, maintains and uses effective back-up plans for breakdowns.
- Evaluates and implements new techniques, supplies and equipment.
- Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the laundry, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.