CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mobile Clinical Service Provider (GAC SRH / GBV)
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Employment Type: Full time
- CARE Nigeria is seeking the engagement of Mobile Clinical Service Providers (Mobile Outreach Community Health Workers) for the implementation of the implementation of the mobile outreach component of its Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) response activities for the GAC project.
- The mobile clinical service provider will be responsible for patient consultations & drug prescription in line with the Nigerian Clinical Guideline & WHO protocol.
- S/He shall monitor the stock level of both pharmaceutics & Laboratory supplies. Conducting routine mobile health outreach activities at designated service delivery points in the LGA mentioned above.
- S/He will provide quality clinical lifesaving SRH services to beneficiaries in both IDP camps and host communities, with particular emphasis on hard-to-reach areas.
- S/He will also work in active collaboration with primary health facility staff and community volunteers to create demand for the uptake of services and facilitate timely referral of complicated conditions to secondary health care facilities.
Technical and Program Support to Health Facilities /Outreach Services Areas (25%):
- Provide technical and program support to ensure quality implementation of comprehensive Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights activities with focus on LARC& PAC in the FOSAs
- Develop a weekly work plan and movement plan for activities in the FOSAs
- Support the establishment and effective delivery of SRHR outreach services in target communities
- Initiate and ensure active referral system is available in FOSAs with referral protocol place on the wall in all FOSAs
- Support in development of project work plan, budget, expenditure plan
- Participate in patient consultations
- Attend to emergency cases while on duty
- Perform quick evaluation for patients for Referral to Secondary/Tertiary level of care
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities.
Quality Control and Assurance (25%):
- Ensure all aspects of patient/client record are properly documented using appropriate and relevant tools and well stored in a private and confidential key and lock cabinet
- Ensure that weekly reports and returns are submitted to the Clinical Management officer and relevant government authorities as stipulated in the regulations and policies.
Monitoring and Learning (25%):
- Participate in monthly tripartite meetings bringing together FOSA providers, community facilitators, CARE staff and the Health District to analyze the data, identify the difficulties encountered and help them find solutions
- Establish and use strong compliant and feedback systems to track and report compliant and feedback to support effective delivery of SRHR service In collaboration with the ward / facility committee members
- Periodically review performance metrics with the Monitoring & Evaluation officer and employ use of data for decision making that promotes high quality clinical care services
- Identify and document and dissemination of appropriate success stories, experiences, best practice and lessons, at least one every 3 months
- Encourage sharing of learning and experience with the team, across the organization and with like-minded/peer organizations
- Assist in data entry and validation of all mobile clinic data.
Relationship with Staff / Management (20%):
- Develop a good communication and interpersonal relationship with other project staff and CARE staff to avoid creating a tense environment in the work place
- Manage and resolve problems amicably following appropriate communication channels and procedures
- Listens and accept constructive criticism
- Understand CARE’s vision, mission and practice the core values of CARE
- Cultivate good working relationships with service providers, community, MOH staff, local CSO, INGOs , UN agencies etc.
- Foster teamwork among supervised staff and with staff from other units/departments
- Represent CARE at coordination meetings in their location
- Organizes community sensitization health talk through the community linkage structures (VHTs, Extension workers).
Perform any other duties assigned (5%):
Not only limited to:
- Ability to willingly accept and take up additional responsibilities
- Ability to share knowledge and skills for the purpose of knowledge and skill transfer to other staff
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Provide regular feedback to the Clinical Management Officer on the clinic activities.
- Participate in the development of mobile health clinic work plans and reviewing them on a monthly basis with the Clinical Management Officer
- Supervise community volunteers / mobile team staff activities.
- Ensure monthly reports are compiled and is of good quality.
Key Working Relationships:
- Direct supervisor: Clinical Management officer
- Technical support: Project Manager GAC
- The position is in Dikwa (100% of project locations) with on-need-basis travels to Maiduguri to receive training, it involves liaising with and coordinating activities with providers, community health workers, Local Government Authorities, implementing partners, other humanitarian actors and stakeholders within the areas of operation
Qualifications and Experience
The Mobile clinical service provider shall have a suitable combination academic qualification, experience and relevant trainings in the following technical and programmatic requirements for the post:
- Medical Doctor (female preferred), Registered Nurse, Nurse or Midwife with enormous experience in Reproductive Health issues, Community health officer (CHO), Senior Community health extension worker (SCHEW), Junior Community health extension worker (JCHEW) (with enormous experience in Reproductive Health issues)
- Postgraduate qualification in Public Health will be an asset
- Expert level knowledge and at least five years of practical clinical SRH in Emergency programming, preferably essential lifesaving RH/MISP package implementation with refugees and / or internally displaced populations
- Training in project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation is an asset
- At least 3 years’ filed experience in working with health facility providers, community health workers and coaching and mentoring on the job preferred
- Ability to plan training sessions, provide formative supervision, monitoring and evaluation of medical activities
- Ability to ensure quality data collection, compile and analyse data to formulate relevant recommendations
- Ability to write quality reports in English and submit them on time
- Disciplined, organized, respect for deadlines, adaptation in a multicultural working environment, tolerance, respect for CARE’s core values and gender
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work in complex environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize activities.
- Must be a good team player that is able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Exemplary customer service and people skills
- Leadership abilities that have been proven in small and large scale arenas
- Problem solving skills that lead to feasible resolutions for the future
- Disciplined, organized, respecting deadlines, adapting to a multicultural work environment, tolerance, respect CARE’s Core values.
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
- Good knowledge and application of Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point.
- Application of technical skills and program support
- Good reporting skills
- Quality and timeliness of support provided;
- Observance of policies and procedures;
- Maintenance of relationships;
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2021.