iBez – We are a Lagos-based Digital Products Agency specializing in web and software developments and SEO. Checkout NPower Latest Shortlist 2021 for interested applicants. See the current shortlist from the ongoing NPower programme. We build niche digital products and offer custom digital services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager (Intern)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Internship
- This role is for people to wish to push themselves to the npower next level, gain practical experience and develop their careers in Technical Product Management.
- The Product Manager will be involved in all aspects of managing the online platforms Handy-Jacks, www.handy-jacks.com and Lets-Share, www.lets-share.com.ng to improve their performance, efficiency, and profitability.
- You will be our Brand Ambassador and provide customer services to users.
- You will draw our target users in, generate new business and open new markets for the platforms taking overall responsibility for their success.
The duties will include the following, but not be limited to:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Handy-Jacks and Lets-Share including brand development, marketing, and usage strategy, quality assurance, legal, and application development working closely with other npower staff to ensure that Handy-Jacks and Lets-Share are meeting everyone’s needs and fulfilling the business objectives.
- Identifying and developing new or existing ideas and features for Handy-Jacks and Lets-Share to ensure that they are cutting edge and working as expected always.
- Project managing the development and implementation of new features or upgrades and supervising testing.
- Identify potential users, partners, and stakeholders, build long-term relationships, and maintain contacts with them.
- Generate new contacts and identify new markets for Handy-Jacks and Lets-Share using traditional and digital methods.
- Be the main point of contact for users and the public to provide information, support, and guidance, handle general requests and npower queries either face-to-face, over the phone, or via email, and maintain an accurate client contact log.
- Meeting regularly with all stakeholders, including developers, marketers, customer service, and external stakeholders to carry out marketing & sales campaigns, product demonstrations, and presentations, collect, analyze, and respond to shortlist feedback.
- Advertise, market, promote and publicize Handy-Jacks and Lets-Share using traditional and digital methods.
- Production of digital content for websites and Handy-Jacks and Lets-Share social media accounts. Share and promote content on social networks daily,
- Maintain accurate client, partners, and vendors databases.
- Register new service providers (trade workers) on Handy-Jacks.
- Attend industry events, trade exhibitions, conferences, and meetings to network and build relationships with key prospects.
- Gather and analyze feedback and usage data and generate data from the applications for reports and product improvement.
- Participate in iBez training events.
- Conduct marketing research and competitor analysis.
- Report on general activities, community, and industry trends.
- Inspiring and enthusing colleagues and users of the shortlist.
- Supervise any field and/or temporary staff, as necessary.
Personal Skills Required:
- A self-starter, driven, ready, willing to learn, and can work as part of a small but varied team in a technology start-up, spot new opportunities, and add value.
- Knowledge of marketing, ICT, Databases, and SQL.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with npower minimal supervision using own initiative.
- Tenacious, dogged, and creative sales/marketing approach.
- Understanding of project management.
- Ability to meet targets and deliver in a timely manner.
- Very organized with good attention to detail.
- Time management/scheduling skills.
- Must own a laptop and have access to the internet.
- Working hours are mainly 9 am to 6 pm. Extra hours or weekends may be required on some occasions and maybe more irregular during critical development phases or when problems arise.
What to Expect
- This is a challenging but rewarding role and you will have a lot of responsibilities; especially given the types of products you will manage shortlist. You will sometimes have to make difficult decisions about the future of the product.
- The role will be mainly office-based but, you will need to meet regularly with stakeholders outside the office.
- Your presentation matters as you will have regular meetings with very senior people including company heads, and the press, so formal business attire is expected.
- The work can be stressful at times, for example when launching a new feature, overseeing several projects running concurrently, or meeting a tight deadline.
- There is frequent contact with technical staff, and liaison with users, stakeholders, and management.
- Negotiable stipend depending on skills and experience.
By the end of the internship, you will:
- A broad range of skills and valuable work experience will give you an edge and make you a leader in the marketplace.
- Learn first-hand from industry experts.
- Understand software development.
- Develop skills in npower data management and data analysis.
- Develop effective organization skills.
- Develop public speaking skills.
- Develop project management skills.
- Develop stakeholder management skills.
- Learn about community relations.
- Gain digital marketing skills.
- Learn how to network with industry professionals.
- Gain confidence to work in any organization and shortlist communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Opportunities for remote and flexible working and 2-, 3- or 6-months internships are available.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.