The Amazon Suites, a 20-suite, five-star boutique hotel in Yaba, Lagos Nigeria. A rich luxury showpiece with a contemporary city garden ambience. Checkout NYIF Application Online Web Form Portal. NYIF Online Latest Application Form is needed for FG empowerment programme for youths.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Chef
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- The Executive Chef is responsible for all food production, menu development, food purchase specifications and standardized recipes
- He / She is also responsible for maintaining the highest nyif professional food quality and hygiene standards throughout the food production process in the hotel.
- The Executive Chef schedules and coordinates the work of the chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is economical, technically correct and within budgeted cost
- Evaluates food products to ensure that the hotel quality standards are consistently attained
- Projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure that the financial targets are met
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality.
- Implements measures to minimize food costs, exercise s portion control for all items served and works with the food & beverage manager in nyif establishing menu selling prices
- Interacts with the food & beverage department to ensure that food production consistently meets or exceeds the expectation of guests.
- Research and implement new culinary trends
- Delegate daily tasks to sous chef and other kitchen staff; manage their progress throughout the day
- Must be great with variety of dishes ( e.g a la carte, buffet and oriental).
- Proven 3 – 4 years Executive Chef Experience in a 4 – 5 Star Hotel
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Must be proficient in the use of Opera and Micros
- Must be willing to work within Yaba, Lagos State in Nigeria
- Excellent time management and application form organizational skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, nyif food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Communication, dexterity, creativity and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Culinary Arts degree and/or other nyif culinary certification
- Vast knowledge in culinary arts, including any new up and coming food trends
- Expert skills and experience planning, designing, and preparing meals.
- A competitive salary
- Training and development
- Meals on duty
- Additional benefits as per company policy.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, passport photograph & Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.