Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multi-specialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency / trauma center, radiology diagnostic center, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theaters, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multi-specialty hospital
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Polio Center Fundraising Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Cedarcrest Polio Centre (CPoC) is a not-for-profit collaborative initiative of the Cedarcrest Hospitals, Abuja, Nigeria and the Katholisches Klinikum, Koblenz, Germany. The centre focuses to lead in the care of the millions of Nigerians who suffer from the sequelae of acute poliomyelitis.
- The centre collaborates with Ottobock GmBH, Duderstadt, Germany – our major suppliers of materials and component, as well as orthotic aids needed in treating post-polio patients It is important to note that the Rotary Clubs of Abuja Metro and Koblenz, Germany also support the CPoC.
- The centre provides various treatment options including surgery, physiotherapy, orthotics, prosthetics, occupational therapy, mobility aids etc. to people living with the sequalae of Poliomyelitis.
- The CPoC was incorporated in October, 2019 and has seen over 400 patients in clinic. Well over 80% of these patients fall in the category of those who are unable to afford medical treatments. The treatments of these patients are done through donations to the CPoC.
- Besides medical treatments, the CPoC also pay charity visits to disability villages to provide welfare materials to the habitants of the settlements.
- Reporting to the Director Cedarcrest Polio Centre, the Polio Center Fundraising Officer will be responsible for raising funds for Cedarcrest Polio Center from community fundraising, grants/trusts and developing other key income streams: major donors, regular giving and corporate.
- This officer will hold a strategic over view of Cedarcrest Polio Center’s fundraising needs and be a key player in the Cedarcrest Polio Center’s communications and marketing.
- Manage, support and develop imaginative fundraising activities, some of which will be events-based, and contribute to bid writing for grant/trust applications.
- Inspire new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters
- Deliver presentations to interested groups and to attend events including cheque presentations
- Develop and broaden corporate support and coordinate web-based fundraising including the social media.
- Maintain and update the fundraising and communications budgets, with the Organisation & Finance Department.
- Develop and update a strategic plan to guide fundraising activities and revenue generation
- Work with the polio team to raise the profile of the cedarcrest polio centre.
- Raise awareness of the polio centre, its service, successes and plans in the local community and through both social media and the local press.
- Plan, budget and forecast income and preparation of fundraising report for board meetings
- Manage the web site content working in conjunction with the Administration Officer to update the content of the website, including the blog.
- Stay abreast of fundraising good practice and legislation, ensuring compliance with fundraising practice in Nigeria.
- Network with other fundraisers and charity staff when possible
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with this post.
- B.Sc. Degree or its equivalent
- Experience of charity fundraising over a range of methods
- Experience/knowledge of grant/trust applications
- Experience of a wide range of communication methods including press and social media
- An understanding of the role
- Appropriate computer skills
- Good administration skills
- Strong IT/computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
Skills / Personal Attributes:
- Ability to plan and manage own time and work load
- Ability to set and work to goals and targets
- A flexible and strategic mind-set
- Ability to network
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including volunteers
- Good communication skills (flexible, clear, concise) and an ability to promote the polio centre in the community
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent presentation skills
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.