Gombe State Polytechnic – The establishment of Gombe State Polytechnic was a decision of the State Government. The decision is in line with the recommendation of the High-Powered committee on Education set up at the inception of the past administration on 27 th September, 2012. Our mission is to give technical and vocational education to the teaming youth as a means of providing middle-level man power as well as training and retraining of the state’s public officers and to serve as the only Polytechnic in the State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Location: Bajoga, Gombe
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Polytechnic Librarian is the Head of the Library Department responsible to the Rector in the day-to-day administration and control of the Library
- He is the custodian of the Polytechnic Library materials in the Library and prepares Library budgets. Performs other related matters as may be assigned by the Rector and the Council from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and experiences:
- Must possess a good honours degree with Masters’ in Library Studies / Science (M.LS.) plus fifteen (15) years cognate experience or Ph.D in Library Science and Information with twelve (12) years cognate experience.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer in a Polytechnic or similar institution for at least five (5) years and be computer literate.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
Qualities Expected From Applicants:
- Demonstrate evidence of strong administrative and visionary leadership
- Be morally sound and of impeccable character
- Enjoy sound physical and mental health
- Be intellectually sound and demonstrate knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Polytechnic system.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- Term and Conditions of Service for the post of Polytechnic Librarian are as per the amended State Polytechnic Act (2019). The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years. The salary is consolidated and the successful candidates shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved by the State Government from time to time.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of typewritten applications along with Curriculum Vitae to include the following:
- Full Name with Surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin / Local Government
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with age(s)
- Schools attended with dates
- Certificates obtained with dates
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Current Postal Address including telephone number & e-mail
- Community Service
- Present Appointment with date and salary
- Names and addresses of 3 Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the address below:
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Polytechnic Librarian” on the top left hand corner, and addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Higher Education,
Note: Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.