Population Services International (PSI), is a world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Review and Implement local procurement policies & procedures in line with PSI Global policies, best practice, and funder requirements.
- Handle all Procurement requests and process them as per PSI procedures (contracts for goods and services).
- Develop a procurement planning process for all PSIN programs to improve efficiencies; develop a procurement tracking tool and ensure it is used and updated regularly.
- Develop monthly procurement report based on Procurement plan and advice as needed where organization is off track in terms of planning and budget.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, production, distribution capabilities, supplier’s reputation, and history.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive preferred vendors list.
- Develop and review Requests for Proposals (RFP)/Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and solicit bids from eligible suppliers, including for preferred vendors in accordance with PSI/Nigeria procedures and policies.
- Review bids and quotations according to the technical specifications and evaluation criteria specified within the RFP/RFQ in accordance with PSI/Nigeria procedures, policies and authority matrix.
- Negotiate, re-negotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, freight forwarders and other representatives, in accordance with PSI Nigeria policies and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes or improvements.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations in the procurement of goods and services.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual with passion in public health, willing and able to learn by doing in a very demanding position. We are looking for:
- Degree / HND in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Finance, Accounting or Business administration
- Minimum of 2years post NYSC experience in procurement.
- Proven experience in procurement, including purchasing and logistics planning.
- Proven ability to work with many people across diverse background.
- Ability to juggle multiple conflicting deadlines while staying organized and paying special attention to details.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and QuickBooks
- Familiarity with and understanding of procurement concepts and approaches.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Passionate about working in international health organizations.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability.
Application Closing Date
3rd May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as ONE PDF / Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.