George Houston Resources Limited (GHR) is a Human Resource Development and Management Consulting firm. We assist organizations to achieve their corporate visions and objectives through integrated, strategic and solution-oriented HR consulting services using best-practice methodologies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Lekki 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Industry: Technology
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
- We are looking for an experienced Project Manager for our client, a leading Technology company in Nigeria. The role willlead all technology development, projects and operations.
- The role will operationally manage the Engineering team. The individual will be responsible for managing all company projects and the technology roadmap for both product and infrastructure -working with Marketing, Service Desk, Sales and ultimately the COO.
- Build an efficient Project Management Team, run the Project Management Office and manage the team to ensure the successful implementation of all projects, POC’s and demos at customer sites.
- Specific areas of responsibility that you will be responsible for include but are not limited to the following:
- Accomplishes technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Oversee the technical operations of the Unit to provide required performance.
- Participate in the development of new businesses from a technology point of view.
- Maintain excellence in all aspects of the business solution deployment and implementation.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Build the Research and Development Unit and increase Company’s solutions portfolio.
- Develop new OEM Software Partnerships while upgrading the Company’s partnership level with existing OEM’s.
- Build a strong Technical Team with the required certifications and competencies.
- Create a succession plan for the Technical Unit.
- Build a strategy that directly drives increased sale of the Company’s solutions in the marketplace.
- Work closely with the sales team to increase sales volume.
- Other related functions as may be requested by the Employer or your Manager.
Education and Training
- A minimum of a B.Eng / B.Tech. in Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical / Computer Engineering, Information Technology or any related field.
- A masters degree will be added advantage.
- Possesion of ITIL certification.
- CISSP/ CISM, CompTIA Security, CEH or other equivalent certifications.
- OEM Technology certifications
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related experience in IT Security with record of accomplishment in this role.
- A minimum of 2-3 years managing a Team
- A minimum of 2 years presales, implementation and post-sales experience.
- Experience working in mixed Windows/Linux, database and virtualized/physical server environments.
- Hands on experience in security systems deployment including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, DDOS solutions, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, SIEM, vulnerability-scanning, web gateway, proxy appliances, NAC, and antivirus tools etc.
- Assess system vulnerabilities by deploying penetration testing.
- Experience with network security, networking technologies, systems security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Superior breadth of experience in network administration and information security
- Excellent proficiency in implementing the following solutions: Checkpoint Security Technologies (VPN, remote access, MTP etc.) FireEye, Symantec solution, CyberArk, Entrust, Safenet etc.
- Familiar with encryption firewalls authorization methodologies and Web filtering authentication
- Master existing Company’s sofware and web integration solutions.
- Schedule and meet with OEM Partners towards bettering relationships and creating new software/cloud OEM partnerships and solutions.
- Manage implementation of sold customer software/cloud solutions or services.
- Solution implementation and support of new and existing customer’s environment including virtualized environment, Citrix workspace suite, etc.
- Liaising with first & second level support
- Low-level Server and storage design & roll-out.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across several departments and services as well as external stakeholders.
- Project Management
- Strong leadership traits
- Adaptability to a proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Tenacity, Loyalty, Commitment, Passion, Drive.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using “Project Manager” as subject of the mail.