Atiku Institute for Development of the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking a prospective candidate for the GIZ-funded Building Resilience through Sustainable Agriculture (BRSA) project within the capacity below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Mubi South, Adamawa
Nature of Employment: Full Time-Projects
Duration: Ten Months
Reporting Line: Agriculture Specialist
Supervises: Youth Volunteers
- The Project Officer will monitor and report on all project activities in support of the project.
- He/she will also provide assistance to farmers for good cultivations.
- Support implementation of agriculture within the scope of the project.
- Community mobilization, targeting, and tracking distribution of agriculture implements.
- Conduct regular field visits to farms and update project activities in the field
- Attend agricultural meetings with partners and stakeholders in the field.
- Support, observation, and inspection of project demo farms, farmer’s crops, and soil.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director.
- Degree in Agricultural Engineering, Farm Management or other related fields.
- At least a minimum of 2 years experience in agriculture-focused projects.
- Good level of computer literacy (primarily in Microsoft Office packages).
- Fluent in local languages and English.
- Experience of GIZ and/or USAID policy on driving and vehicle usage is an advantage
- Fulfil AUN Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses.
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AIDIs – AUN salary scale.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file (word document or PDF format) to: [email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.
- The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.