Dachris Global Services is an essential business as defined by FGN-PTF (Essential business – companies involved in food processing, drug manufacturing and Critical Infrastructure, such as construction of water points. This organization spreads its essential services across all the States in Nigeria because it also focus on environmental health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Public Health Officers apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. Public health officers focus on the overall health of communities instead of treating individual patients.
- They educate the public on specific health risks and basic healthy living strategies, and also create programs to encourage healthier lifestyles and minimize the risk of illness, disease and infection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Document or review comprehensive patients’ histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- A Degree in Medicine, Behavioral Science/Health Education, Biostatistics, Environmental Health, Epidemiology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biology, Medical Laboratory science, Health Services Administration / Management, International / Global Health, Maternal and Child Health, Nutrition etc
- Being a change agent
- Being dependable and motivated
- Communication and presentation
- Efficiency and patience
- Having a good work ethic
- Management and leadership
- Organisation and multitasking
- Public health and safety
- Research and analysing data
- Strategising and planning
- Stress management and resolving problems
- Team work and professionalism
NGN75,000 – NGN150,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2021