Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty center and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopedic Clinics Limited. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multi specialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency / trauma center, radiology diagnostic center, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theaters, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multi-specialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Records Officer
Purpose of the Role
The Records Officer oversees the systems and processes in place to ensure due diligence in the Company’s record keeping, filing and archiving (physical and digital), related to all its hospitals.
Key Performance Areas:
- Establishing new records management systems
- Developing, maintaining, verifying and evaluating existing systems
- Overseeing the switch from paper to electronic record-keeping
- Writing reports and publications
- Dealing with enquiries and requests for information from both internal and external clients
- Ensuring that financial, legal or administrative requirements and regulations are complied with
- Ensuring that data is protected in line with legal requirements
- Classifying and indexing records
- Destroying or archiving finished data / records after receiving authorization from the Executive
- Ensuring that records are easily accessible when needed
- Providing training to staff who require access or have responsibility for maintaining records
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures regarding document storage, sharing, transmission, and destruction
- Consults with end users to identify problems in accessing electronic content
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- At least three years of related experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic understanding of laws and regulations regarding document management
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent and creative problem-solving skills.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.