Gombe State Polytechnic – The establishment of Gombe State Polytechnic was a decision of the State Government. The decision is in line with the recommendation of the High-Powered committee on Education set up at the inception of the past administration on 27 th September, 2012. Our mission is to give technical and vocational education to the teaming youth as a means of providing middle-level man power as well as training and retraining of the state’s public officers and to serve as the only Polytechnic in the State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Bajoga, Gombe
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Registrar is the Head of Registry Department responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic and the Secretary to the Governing Council, Academic Board and all Statutory Committees of the Council
- He is the custodian of records and in charge of issuance of certificates, interpreting and applying rules and regulations of the Polytechnic (inter-alia) and also performs other related matters as may be assigned by the Rector and the Council from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and experiences:
- Must possess a minimum of a good honours degree (at least second class lower division) preferably in Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least Eighteen (18) years cognate experience in tertiary institution; or a holder of Masters’ degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in tertiary institution; or a holder of Doctorate degree plus at least twelve (12) years cognate experience in tertiary institution
- Must have been / be a Deputy Registrar in a Polytechnic or similar institution for at least five (5) years and should not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty as Registrar
- Must be computer literate and possess membership of relevant and recognized Professional Bodies.
Qualities Expected From Applicants:
- Demonstrate evidence of strong administrative and visionary leadership
- Be morally sound and of impeccable character
- Enjoy sound physical and mental health
- Be intellectually sound and demonstrate knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Polytechnic system.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- Term and Conditions of Service for the post of Registrar are as per the amended State Polytechnic Act (2019). The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years. The salary is consolidated and the successful candidates shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved by the State Government from time to time.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of typewritten applications along with Curriculum Vitae to include the following:
- Full Name with Surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin / Local Government
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with age(s)
- Schools attended with dates
- Certificates obtained with dates
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Current Postal Address including telephone number & e-mail
- Community Service
- Present Appointment with date and salary
- Names and addresses of 3 Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the address below:
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar” on the top left hand corner, and addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Higher Education,
Note: Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.