Julius Berger Nigeria Plc (Julius Berger) is a leading construction company offering integrated solutions and related services. Julius Berger specializes in executing complex works that require the highest level of technical expertise and Nigeria-specific know how.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Our success largely depends on the passion, precision and competence of our employees from. Become part of our team and help us in the realization of innovative and pioneering engineering projects. Experienced professionals and young professionals, we offer opportunities in technical and commercial fields. Take the chance and apply online with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Road Building / Installation Foreman (M / F / X)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking to recruit you as a full-time Road Building/Installation Foreman (m/f/x) for the major “Abuja Kano Road” Project in Nigeria.
- A four-lane motorway between the capital city of Abuja and the northern metropolis of Kano, measuring around 380 kilometres in length is to be refurbished with large sections being newly constructed.
- The project also comprises almost 700 drainage and around 50 bridge structures, which must be strengthened and included in the overall concept. Our experts will be taking a genuine innovation to Nigerian road building in the form of the cold bitumen mixing process as this sustainable method protects resources and significantly reduces emissions.
What Duties Will You Have?
- Providing support to section site management
- Leading a team consisting of local personnel
- Supervision and inspection of asphalting work
- Responsibility for the cost-effective use of personnel and machinery (primarily Vögele and Hamm)
- Monitoring compliance with safety regulations
What Skills Must You Have?
- Full training as a road building foreman
- Several years of experience in road building or asphalting (ideally with overseas experience)
- Deep expertise in asphalting
- Good English skills (written and oral)
- Teamwork, flexibility
What Can We Offer You?
- We have a responsible job waiting for you with very good remuneration and various bonuses, social benefits and low tax burden as well as good training opportunities.
- You will receive an extensive travel package from us. This also includes G35 examinations, inoculations, visas and flights.
- We will provide you with furnished, air-conditioned accommodation in the company’s own camp, which has an infrastructure including sport and leisure facilities, a clubhouse, German and international television programmes, etc.
- We work with external partners to ensure that you have the best possible security in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date