West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminal to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rubber Tyred Gantry Electrical Technician
Location: Onne, Rivers
Category: Terminal Operations / Engineering
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on RTG, RSP and other plant and equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost-effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of RTG, RSP and other equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from quay and yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list.
- Fill out Confirmation Slips to ensure proper records are kept for future reference.
- To execute all repairs timorously and effectively ensuring equipment failure is minimized and availability of equipment is optimised in the most cost-effective manner.
- Working standby and shifts to ensure 24 / 7 hour availability of RTG, RSP and other equipment.
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the RTG Fore-man and / or RTG Supervisor.
- Identify work requirements and raise work requests providing complete and thorough information;
- Advise RTG Fore-man and / or RTG Supervisor on concerns relating to unreliable equipment;
- Perform other related functions required from time to time such as assistance with major emergency work;
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery;
- Assist in maintenance of a safe working environment;
- Provide technical expertise and a positive attitude to the functions performed;
- As required, identify spare parts and tools required for breakdown work;
- Provide Work Order planning information as required to Maintenance Planner, RTG Fore-man and / or RTG Supervisor.
- Perform maintenance activities on a daily / weekly / monthly basis;
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on electrical (and electronic) components and electric circuits, control systems. This includes the modification of components and servicing techniques in conjunction with the RTG Fore-man and / or MHC & RTG Supervisor to improve efficiency;
- Test equipment to ensure compliance with specification and safety standards;
- Service, repair, deploy, remove and stow away equipment as required using safe driving techniques and safe parking procedures;
- Execute maintenance schedule as directed by RTG Fore-man and / or RTG Supervisor;
- Provide feedback to RTG Fore-man and / or RTG Supervisor on job progress;
- Identify components to be overhauled;
- Complete post-job tasks – clean up, return of spares etc;
- Provide correct information on Work Orders and other job documentation, ensuring an accurate record of work performed, time taken to complete work, spare parts and materials used etc;
- Execute proper handover of equipment to Operations and provide on the job guidance to new recruits;
- Participate in analysis of maintenance standards, practices etc;
- Clean tools and equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions/manual;
- If needed, perform minor repairs on tools and equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instruction / manual;
- Report defective tools and equipment to immediate foremen / supervisor;
- Comply with all disaster contingency plans and contingency cleanliness;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and ensures waste disposal is performed as per company procedures.
We are looking for:
- Trade Test / Certificate / Diploma as Mechanic.
- Rubber Tyred Gantry and Spreaders will be an advantage
- Requires the ability to follow instructions and workday plan
- Requires knowledge of wide range of mechanical and electrical equipment, industrial control systems, variable drive systems, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
- Must be able to troubleshoot / diagnose / identify mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems, and provide solutions.
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires keeping work area organized, neat and efficiently planned (5S).
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various equipment will be an advantage.
- Basic Electrical Knowledge will be an advantage
- PC Literate as advantage will be an advantage
- Lubrication and Hydrocarbon Management Technics
- Reading Electrical and Hydraulic Circuits and Diagrams
We run a profitable business that has been made possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2021.