MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Auditor, Financial Audit
- To perform and supervise financial, compliance, operational and special audits of considerable complexity and carry out investigations into reported irregularities.
- Prepare, conduct work programs for assigned audits assignments and document work done in the form of work papers in accordance with Internal Audit and Forensic Services audit methodologies.
- Research and analyse financial statement and records, operational reports, audit client’s PPPs and audit related issues as well as assist the Manager, Financial Assurance in the development of the audit work plan.
- Draft audit reports to be reviewed by Manager, Financial Assurance and prepare final reports for distribution.
- Collect process related data and statistics from process owners, to determine effectiveness and quality of MTNN services and determine required changes in the processes and practices necessary to provide optimum service in the most cost-effective manner.
- Review the performance Auditor, Financial Assurance, and complete engagement level appraisals in accordance with the Internal Audit and Forensic Services Methodology. Also oversee and coordinate the activities of Auditor, Financial Assurance and ensure all transaction and administrative documentation is recorded and available for business use.
- Use of analytical tools to test compliance with operational, financial, and statutory regulations as well as internal controls.
- Adherence to Internal Audit and Forensic Services audit methodologies and IIA (International Internal Audit) standards.
- Periodic follow-up on audit recommendations to determine successful implementation of counter measures and corrective actions and sustain the development of corrective actions and countermeasures ensuring compliance with PPPs as well as internal and financial controls.
- Identify root of business process problems and assist in developing the business case for change, benchmarking and carrying out surveys relating to process operations and improvement. Also, identify areas of opportunity for cost and financial optimization.
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience which includes.
- Minimum of 3 years’ hands-on operational experience in an area of specialisation (especially financial audit) coupled with supervising / managing others.
- Experience across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous.
- Telecom experience or previous work experience with auditing firms.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2021.