CredPal is a financial technology company that provides credit cards for consumers to meet their immediate financial needs. We are leveraging technology and the retail industry to provide a modern consumer credit solution for Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Credit Risk Underwriter
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire a Credit Underwriter with specialized knowledge in risk assessment. Very meticulous and attention to detail, good negotiating skills and work according to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The successful candidate will be an expert in risk analysis and selection with remarkable decision-making skills, a deep understanding of retention and reinsurance, and sound judgment.
- Evaluating loan applications and including the credit analysis and loanrequest summaries.
- Evaluating clients’ credit data and financial statements in order to determine the degree of risk involved in lending money to them.
- Analyzing client records and using the data to recommend payment plans.
- Conferring with references to exchange credit information on clients.
- Collaborating with sales and other units /departments in managing financial orders to help them control credit exposure, make payments on time, and reduce the risk of customer disputes.
- Conferring with clients to verify their financial/credit transactions and to resolve their complaints.
- Analyzing credit data and financial information of persons or companies that are applying for credit or loans to determine the risk to the organization.
- Determine if a loan or line of credit will be granted, and if so, the terms of the loan, including interest rate.
- Prepare reports based upon due diligence findings to help make decisions on lending and credit-worthiness.
- Conducting credit search from an approved Credit Bureau for facilities Identifies and collects information critical to decision making.
- Collaborate with data science, product, and engineering to propose hypothesis testing to improve risk and profitability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration or related field.
- Experience in using accounting softwares.
- Relevant training & certifications.
- 5years similar experience in underwriting credits in a Fin- Tech or Financial services.
- A very proactive & analytical person.
- Ability to use reasonable and sound judgment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Thorough knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2021.