9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, BSS & RAN Operations
Job No: IRC4131
- Handle the daily BSS operations including operations and maintenance, CR/WO implementation, integration and commissioning of 2G/3G/4G sites and health checks for BSS and RAN systems.
- Provision of high-level support to existing BSS/RAN technologies and product line
- Perform second level and necessary backoffice 2G/3G/4G support to Field and NOC teams
- Ensure that preventive maintenance is performed and completed for all applicable equipment under stated responsibility
- Handle corrective RAN/BSS maintenance as required, and assist the field operation teams to resolve BSS/RAN issues including clearing of QOS alarms, resolving BSS – related outages and network problems.
- Manage BSS database, including network parameter changes, BSC/RNC rehoming, cutovers, network upgrades, network configurations; provide all required BSS reports.
- Escalate network impacting issues to parties/teams responsible and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide back office support to customers/subscribers and ensure incidences or issues are properly managed and resolved.
- Follow up with all teams and vendors responsible for tracking BSS/RAN related faults and ensure prompt resolution.
- Attend to BSS & RAN related customer complaints
- Handle integration and commissioning of2G/3G/4G sites
- Work with OEM support teams to resolve BSS/RAN related faults
- Provide reports on service outages, determine root cause analysis and recommend follow up actions.
- Implement BSS/RAN-related work orders(WOs) and change requests (CRs).
- Investigate major service outages and follow up with units responsible to ensure prompt resolution.
- Proactively work with other stakeholders on network incidents requiring cross-departmental collaboration
- Provide efficient, timely and effective remedies to network issues and requirements and ensure minimal disruption to business.
- Advice on network audit, performance improvement and optimization
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, BSS & RAN Operations
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical or Computer Engineering or relevant discipline
- Three (3) to six (6) years post NYSC work experience in BSS/RAN operations
- Multi-vendor BSS/RAN experience
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Network availability and capacitymanagement
- Network administration
- Network operations and maintenance
- Delegation/ Supervisory
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date