9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Core and VAS Performance
Locations: Abuja (FCT)
Monitor network performance metrics and conduct details analysis into abnormal changes in and across the circuit and packet switched domains.
- Develop and update PS, CS core & VAS resource utilization dashboards, highlighting areas of capacity shortage that require expansion.
- Monthly reporting of resource utilization reports for all core & VAS nodes including the antispam, internet firewall, DNS, Facebook PNI, Akamai, SMSC, SCG, UPCC and Google Cache servers.
- Carryout technical analysis to identify root cause of degradations in PS, CS Core & VAS network KPIs.
- Provide details of counters and Indicators needed for the automation of dashboards.
- Carryout impact analysis of network feature trials which may be applied to both PS ,CS core& VAS.
- Support for the core SQM function of the CEM platform with detail analysis of user experience using the PSPU data from the probe
- Ensure performance metrics are defined correctly and activated on the core network nodes for collection on the OSS system
- Regular audit of LAC / CI definitions on the core network to ensure data integrity and parameter consistency across the network
- Engage vendor in identifying new performance metrics that can be used to measure the network performance.
- Review of network traffic and other network performance data to identify potential trouble spots and initiate necessary steps to mitigate possible/ identified risks.
- Support network performance team in defining and creating performance reports on the OSS and any other reporting platforms.
- Monitor performance of the DNS servers and report any abnormalities.
- Ensure PS, CS Core& VAS Related Work Order are tracked and documented.
- Ensure Postimplementation analysis of PS, CS Core & VAS Related Work Order
- Engage vendor on the roadmap of the network elements and what new metrics would be available so as to ensure our measurements platforms are ready.
- Develop processes that may be required in setting best work practice in the unit as may be assigned.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager Core, Roaming & VAS Performance
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- 4 to 6year work experience in core network
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of mobile network architecture including Packet Switch and Circuit Switch Core network products.
- Proficiency in Huawei U2020 and other Core Network Monitoring Tools
- Telecommunications& Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Personal Effectiveness
- Analytical & Visualization skills
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Passion for Excellence
Application Closing Date