Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer – Logistics
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Contract Type: National Contract
- The Supply Chain Officer – Logistics will report directly to the Supply Chain Team Leader. She/he must be able to manage warehouse such as managing local emergency stockpile and goods consolidation point in order to permit the rapid movement of DRC/DDG humanitarian supplies.
- Design and implement warehouse management and commodity tracking system.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Supervising warehouse management tasks, ensuring warehouse documentation is maintained in accordance with DRC policies, overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and checking stocks levels.
- Follow up with relevant Storekeepers to get updated weekly and monthly stock reports.
- Study, amylase and explain stock reports to area manager and supply chain management.
- Initiate sporadic physical stock counts in collaboration with programme staff.
- Ensure quality of goods received are in alignment with specifications in purchase request in collaboration with relevant technical programme staff.
- Guarantee live update of stock report, inventory.
- Archiving of Warehouse documents both hard copies and soft copies as per DRC Operational Handbook.
- Explain and discrepancies of stock reports to management and archive it.
- Make sure stock reports are received and released as per DRC procedure, online via Dynamics system and offline.
- Work closely with supply chain team leader and transfer information to storekeepers.
- Field visit to other DRC warehouses across Adamawa state to make sure standard procedure is in place and followed.
- Advise management on exciting new warehouse spaces, need on new places with support from logistics team and procurement.
- Follow up with Logistics cluster on regulations and shipment movements.
- Dispose of items as per DRC procedure and government regulations when required.
- All Assets and General programme equipment are received, registered, tagged and updated as per DRC procedure an all Adamawa state DRC bases.
- Inventory check on Assets and GPEs as per DRC procure monthly, bi-annually, and annually in all Adamawa DRC bases.
- Follow up with HR and IT to issue assets and GPEs to new staff arrival.
- Follow up with HR and IT to receive issues assets to all staff leaving the mission.
- Work closely with supply chain manager, relevant logistics staff to make sure Assets and GPEs inventory database are updated accordingly to DRC operational handbook.
- Submit Assets and GPEs reports to donor up on closing of each project, and whenever requested.
- Plan with HR, IT and Procurement on need for new Assets.
- Archive of Assets and GPE documents both hard copies and soft copies.
- Dispose and transfer of Assets, GPEs as per DRC procedure and government regulations.
- Participate in field-level program planning formulation and advice on logistics considerations.
- Provide technical and operational support to the field office, as well as advice on application of logistics management best practice, systems and procedures.
- Implement and manage contracts in forwarding, transport and warehousing, where necessary.
- Implement standard DRC logistics systems and procedures as applicable in the Operations Handbook
- Maintain the Asset management of all assets in Mubi jurisdiction
Staff movement oversight and support:
- Travel Security Clearances: Prior to any movement complete all security briefings for staff traveling to high risk field locations. Ensure that established movement tracking protocols are adhered to by both the Safety Unit and all DRC staff.
- Field movement tracking: Coordinate with logistics staff when directed to support Field level movement oversight and support.
- Maintain car folders: Maintain car folders and all DRC vehicles and support logistics staff in maintaining the car folders.
- Driver orientation: Responsible to orient drivers on current context and road conditions. Train drivers on regulations and road safety.
Administrative and Operational support:
- Asset management: Maintain Mubi/Yola asset register and oversight on all assets that are both utilized and stored. Coordinate with the DRC Supply Chain department to ensure that the overall DRC asset register reflects in the Mubi current asset register.
- DRC facility management in Adamawa State (Mubi) under close supervision of the Supply Chain Team Leader.
- Weekly and Monthly report: Responsible for compiling Mubi weekly and monthly report for Logistics sector.
To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to be honest, strongly motivated and display a high standard of integrity in humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national level in logistics.
- Varied supply/logistics functional background ranging from Inventory and warehousing to transport management and distribution to beneficiaries an asset as well as ,
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with commercial transporters and coordinating supply delivery to remote and insecure areas
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- IT literate, MS – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Ability to multitask and work comfortably under pressure
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Knowledge in Hausa
- Bachelor’s Degree or any equivalents, Higher Diploma, NCE in any field related to humanitarian work.
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions, any local speaking language will be an advantage
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment:
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.