Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Integration & Deployment Advisor – Mobile App
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the mobile application developer to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- We are looking for a strong mobile app developer who welcomes both engineering and maintenance tasks.
- The primary focus will be to implement new user interfaces and features together with automated unit and integration tests.
- Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Develop new features and user interfaces from wireframe models.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Fix bugs and performance problems.
- Cooperate with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions.
- Perform other tasks as directed by your supervisor.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- The System Integration & Deployment Advisor Mobile App will report the Systems Integration and Development Manager.
- The mobile developer will report directly to the Systems Integration and Development Manager.
- Extensive knowledge about mobile app development. This includes the whole process, from the first line of code to publishing in the store(s).
- Deep knowledge of Android app development. IOS will be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and mobile libraries for networking, specifically Retrofit, axios, Alamofire, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English is required.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment:
- This is a short-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date