FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer
Requisition ID: 2021200483
Location: Uyo, Akwa-Ibom
Job type: Full-time
- The Technical Officer will provide technical and programmatic support for the Managing hypertension among People Living with HIV: an Integrated Model (MAP-IT) Study, funded by the US National Institutes of Health. The study is a stepped-wedged cluster-randomized controlled trial to evaluate the effect of a Practice Facilitation strategy on the adoption of an evidence-based task-sharing strategy for hypertension control in HIV care management at primary care level.
- The Technical Officer will work closely with the FHI 360 study manager and principal investigator located in FHI 360 headquarter (North Carolina, USA), the study co-investigator/consultant in Abuja, and the research team at University of Abuja.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee intervention implementation activities in health facilities in Akwa Ibom State to ensure that activities are implemented per the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
- Liaise with the USAID-funded HIV service project (SIDHAS), FHI 360, the University of Abuja and local stakeholders in Akwa Ibom State.
- Support the study through procurement of materials and supplies, conduct quality assessments and facilitate supportive supervision for the project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Nursing or related disciplines with at least 5-8 years of experience with intervention implementation or management; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) with least 5 years of experience with intervention implementation or management
- Excellent communication and organization skills are critical for this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Experience with research or interventions for people living with HIV and/or in health care settings is desired.
- Experience engaging and managing communications for US government-funded projects, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), including international NGOs, and State and National government officials.
- Experience in and working knowledge of HIV treatment and care service delivery in Nigeria.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among stakeholders, clinic sites, consultants and partners.
- Experience with FHI 360 procurement systems.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Akwa Ibom State.
Application Closing Date