The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S. Currently, MGIC operates in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia, with registration application in-process in Haiti. These operations support the research and clinical programs of the SOM, Institute of Human Virology. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design Graphics Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Design Graphics Artist will develop design concepts for high quality and effective print, electronics graphic materials including fliers, backdrops, bulletins, manuals, video documentaries, and other materials to enhance and promote MGIC’s work in Nigeria.
- The position holder will also develop visuals and aesthetically sound user interphases for MGIC Nigeria-developed software applications as well as mentor MGIC Nigeria communications team members on graphic design.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high level and technical support in setting up an effective visual and media portfolio for MGIC Nigeria
- Develop infographics using supplied data to present core messages and organize complex information into visual representations
- Deliver creative infographics and technical solutions for print, electronic and animated presentations
- Deliver high-quality photographs and videos, maps, charts, information graphics, and branding to support project documents
- Provide inputs and conceptual media design for the creative project bulletins and reports
- Provide conceptual design for fliers and IEC material, backdrops, billboards, etc. and ensure this is completed and are of high quality
- Design aesthetically appealing and context-appropriate User interphases for MGIC Nigeria software solutions
- Provide innovative inputs and recommendations that can further ensure the visibility of all MGIC Nigeria activities
- Provide mentorship to MGIC Nigeria communications team and provide feedback to improve communications products.
- Any relevant first degree in Fine Art, Architecture, Marketing, Information Technology, Communications Art, and Design Graphics
- A relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) plus years of professional design work experience, previous experience working with NGOs or other development sector is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of the HIV/AIDS and SRH fields in Nigeria with proven past positions.
- Broad-spectrum of visualization skills including photography, videography, infographics design, and calligraphy
- Ability to travel domestically, as required.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2021.